· You must submit a typed 1,000-word essay answering 4 essay questions.
· You must submit your official or unofficial high school transcripts to Headlines Barber Academy with a 2.7 GPA or higher to be considered for the academy’s scholarship. The best way to submit them is to include them with your application for admission. Awards will be withdrawn if you do not submit your transcripts.
· This scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who will be starting school on December 5th, 2023, and will be enrolling in the full-time schedule or part-time schedule.
Recipients must maintain a full-time enrollment (minimum 32.5 weekly hours) or part-time enrollment (minimum 26.5 weekly hours) and remain in academic good standing, as determined by Headlines Barber Academy to apply scholarship funds towards tuition.
HBA Scholarship FAQs
Who is eligible to apply? Individuals wanting to begin barber school in December of 2023. Individuals ages 18 or older with a high school diploma and/or high school transcript.
What do I need to apply? Complete a 1,000-word typed essay, submit your high school transcript, and have a 2.7 GPA or higher on your high school transcript.
How do I submit all the scholarship requirements? The essay, high school transcript, and enrollment requirements must be submitted to our Headlines Barber Academy admissions office before or by the scholarship deadline.
November 3rd, 2023
EXTENDED to December 1st, 2023
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913)299-9771
In 1,000 words or more, you must type an essay answering all the following questions:
1. What or who inspired you to become a barber?
2. What are the qualities of a successful barber?
3. What qualities and characteristics do you have that will help you become a successful barber?
4. Once licensed, what do you hope to achieve in your barbering career?
*The scholarship will be awarded to TWO applicants. The winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 29th, 2023, before 3pm.